Sunday, February 5, 2017

First day of school

The summer holidays have ended. Jonathan went back to school -- year eight -- on Wednesday. Here he is the first day.


And here he is with his dad. He is getting really really tall. 98% percentile for his age, said the coach from his recent skating camp. Really tall.



And off on public transit on his own.



Later that day, needing to stretch my legs, I took a walk around campus, and found a large flock of corella cockatoos over by the main campus water feature.

And a pair of long beaked corellas, too.
The bird pictures really don't have to do anything with this post, or the topic at hand. I just saw the pictures and wanted to show you how lovely campus can be, on the side by the water feature, and how lovely birds are here. But you already knew that I have a thing for Australian birds.

And so back to the topic at hand, near the beginning of every school year, I realise I could be significantly more productive and efficient if I just organised my office a little better.

Trip to OfficeWorks.
Twelve whiteboard markers, one pale blue binder, and a large stack of paper later, I am ready for a very productive beginning of my own school year. Luckily I still have a couple of weeks before that happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in school JD. Can't believe you are that old already - or that tall!
Still using the fountain pen?

Looking forward to Hawaii to see all of you.

"Don't worry - be Happy !"

KP